AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker performance while running on Windows

Question asked by bayern.to on Aug 26, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 27, 2015 by schamblee

Hello,

I'm experiencing a performance issue while working with FileMaker server hosted on Windows platform and would need some help.

Testing Environment

Machine A

CPU : Xeon E5 4 cores 2.2GHz

Memory : 8GB

Harddisk : 200GB iSCSI storage

Machine B

CPU : Xeon W3520 4 cores 2.2Ghz

Memory : 4GB

Harddisk : 500GB local disk

Problem Description

Upload and host an database Product Catalog.fmp12(One of the sample DB comes with FileMaker Pro 13). Then I access the database from FileMaker Go 14 on an iPod, open any existing record or create a new one, select a container field and take a picture and then select the container field again and click "View". Here the problem comes as soon as I click "View" it start loading for about 2 minutes before I can see the picture in full screen.

Look at the server side, during the loading period the fmserver.exe utilized the CPU but not fully. Look deeper into the process tree I can see the CPU loading is generating from MSVCR120.dll which is a Microsoft Runtime Library.

fms_cpu_loading.PNG

These behavior seem only occur at the first time I view a newly picture I insert into a container field. I had tested with both FileMaker server 13.9 and 14 on both machine, the same behavior are observed but not being seen while host the FileMaker Server on OSX. Is there any performance turning I can do for improvement?

Best Regards,

Bayern

Outcomes