5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2015 11:08 AM by LabsRock

Webdirect Launch Page not loading

LabsRock

Hello all,

I'm attempting to test a small WebDirect project on my development server, FileMaker Server 14 on a Mac running Yosemite, and when I try to connect the launch page comes up briefly, then disappears (before I can even click on anything) and I'm left with a spinning wheel that goes no where.  I've now removed all files except the sample file but the same thing continues to happen.  I can however connect via WebDirect to the sample file if I go directly to the file by appending the file name to the URL. This machine is running nothing but FileMaker Server (oh, and MirrorSync).  I am using my development license on this machine.

Is there something I've possibly missed in the configuration?  Anyone else experienced something like this?  Everything else on the server seems to be working perfectly.  Thanks in advance for any input.

Craig

• 1. Re: Webdirect Launch Page not loading
          mikebeargie

what browser are you using? have you tried others?

• 2. Re: Webdirect Launch Page not loading
            TSPigeon

Craig Miller:

Thank you for your post.

You may want to verify that you are deploying FileMaker Server 14 on an ideal environment. Issues with WebDirect are normally related to the machines resources. You also want to verify OS X server is not running on the machine. You may check system requirements here.

Make sure you are also following the steps in the Getting Started Guide for installation and Deployment.

Check out the ports used by FileMaker Server 14, see Knowledge Base Article #14402.

I hope this information is of use!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Webdirect Launch Page not loading
              TSGal

Craig Miller:

Thank you for your post.

I have personally run into this issue only with Safari.  With my testing, the disappearing of files after a second and spinning wheel appears to occur if all three of the following conditions are met:

1) You are using SSL (https: protocol)

2) You are specifying an IP Address

3) You are using the built-in FileMaker certificate

If any of the three conditions are not met, then the files will appear.  That is, if you use http: protocol or specify a server name or use a supported certificate, the issue will not occur.  Likewise, if you use Google Chrome or Internet Explorer (Windows), the issue does not occur.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Webdirect Launch Page not loading
                matsuo

Do you use parental controls of OS X on client side?

• 5. Re: Webdirect Launch Page not loading
                  LabsRock

Hi All,

Thanks for your responses and sorry for the delayed reply.  For some reason I didn't receive notification of any responses except Atsushi's.

It does seem to be a browser issue.  I didn't include this information in the original post, but I was testing from a Windows machine using IE 11.  Using Chrome from Windows seemed to work fine.

Also, to follow-up on TSGal's, I'm not using SSL, but was specifying the URL using an IP address on my LAN.

Thanks,

Craig