12 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2015 11:51 AM by coherentkris

WD bug

coherentkris

I can successfully display data four hops deep in the relationship graph in FM client but can not show the data in webdirect.

Data three hops deep is visible.

The four deep field is simple text.

Same phenomenon in every supported browser and a couple of non supported browsers.

All joins types are equijoins and rely on numbers.

I reset the indexes from distal to proximal with no change.

• 1. Re: WD bug
          TSGal

coherentkris:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue with up to five hops deeps.  Here are the steps I took:

1. I created a new database file with the following six tables and fields:

Table

ID - Number - Unique Value

Name - Text

Table2

Address - Text

Table3

City - Text

Table4

State - Text

Table5

Zip - Text

Table6

Phone - Text

2. I linked Table to Table 2 via ID, Table2 to Table3 via ID, Table3 to Table4 via ID, Table4 to Table5 via ID, and Table5 to Table6 via ID.

3. I entered one record for each table, with ID=1, and different values in the Text field.

4. On the first layout (Table), I created portals into Table2, Table3, Table4, Table5 and Table6.

5. In Browse mode, all data displays in the portals.

6. I turned on Network Sharing and Configured for WebDirect.

7. I uploaded the file to FileMaker Server 14.0.2.

8. I opened the hosted file using FileMaker Pro 14.0.2 to verify everything looked the same.

9. I launched Google Chrome, accessed the hosted file via WebDirect, and the data appears in all five portals.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can reproduce the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: WD bug
            coherentkris

Heres the relationships that i am trying to traverse.

PS im on server and client 13v09

• 3. Re: WD bug
              coherentkris

More information:

We started seeing this no data shows phenomenon on two different client machines with FM client.

Each FM client went from showing the 4th relationship field to not showing it at different times during investigation about 10 mins apart).

I have validated that the styles were not showing white text on a white background, reset the style on the layout for the edit box, turned on and browse mode access in inspector to no avail.

Both clients remained unable to show the data.

Rebooted the machine.

No joy.

Thinking that It was manifesting as if the relationship was not valid to the 4th table.

Turned on create for the last relationship, permitted access to the field in inspector in browse mode and let it create a value in the distal table. This cleared up the issue with one client but not the other. Had to perform the same reset on the second machine before it would show the value.

Client is restored but WD is not.

FM client is caching something on the machines that persists after reboot?

I ran a recover on each file in the system and they all checked out fine.

Cleared the history and caches on all browsers and still no 4th field shown

• 4. Re: WD bug
                TSGal

coherentkris:

If the issue is also occurring with a FileMaker Client, then we can rule out WebDirect.

Looking at your Relationships, I see PARTNERSHIPS is linked to partnerships_PP_ARL as a many-to-many relationship, partnerships_PP_ARL is linked to partnerships_pp_arl_PERSONS as many-to-one relationship, and partnerships_pp_arl_PERSONS is linked to partnerships_pp_arl_persons_LOCATION as a many-to-many relationship.  Can you verify that the links are unique?  Otherwise, FileMaker may not traverse to the correct record three tables away.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: WD bug
                  coherentkris

Validated that the join table is unique

• 6. Re: WD bug
                    TSGal

coherentkris:

At this point, it is probably best if you send in a copy of your database file so I can work with it here and determine which records are not displaying data three tables away.  I just sent you a private message with details where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: WD bug
                      coherentkris

Unfortunately I can't do that. My work is the property of the US govt. Any other suggestions?.

PS its all the records are affected not just isolated ones. When the distal field is not visible its not visible for all proximal records. And its not just one field in the distal table its any field in the distal table.

• 8. Re: WD bug
                        TSGal

coherent kris:

From the first table, create a portal into the second table.  Ensure only one record appears.  Perform a count on the second portal to make sure it equals 1.

Go to the second table and create a portal into the third table.  Make sure only one record appears.  Perform a count on the third portal to make sure it equals 1.

Go to the third table and create a portal into the fourth table.  Make sure only one record appears.  Perform a count on the fourth portal to make sure it equals 1.

If they all equal 1, create a new layout and place fields from your original layout onto this new layout.  Does this work?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 9. Re: WD bug
                          coherentkris

Confirmed that their is one and only one record in each relationship. Also confirmed that the data in the distal table has valid values

• 10. Re: WD bug
                            coherentkris

Any further word on this? I'm getting the phenomenon again/still but only two hops away this time.

FMS 13v10 and using data seperation.

• 11. Re: WD bug
                              TSGal

coherent kris:

If you Refresh Window, does the data then appear?

Is all data committed in the other tables?

If you move to a layout based on the middle table of the three, and have portals into the first and third tables, does one record display in each portal?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 12. Re: WD bug
                                coherentkris

i will test and get back to you