2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2015 6:32 PM by bigtom

Print with List View

AndrewJudd

Hi all, I'm trying to use a list view to print (save records as PDF).

Usually when I use this it works find with a line items table, however for my invoice section I don't use line items (as you can only add one record from the main inventory to one invoice). So the print layout is basically another view of the same table. On my invoice layout I have a portal to my inventory (artworks). These records get added as normal by a fk and pf (fk in artwork and pk in invoices).

All works fine however when I go to list view print layout I only get the first record in the artwork portal on each invoice- no good if the invoice has multiple artworks on.

Do I have to use line items or is there a way around this?

Attached is a pic of my relationship table in case that's helpful to see.

For my consignment section I use a script (attached) which works fine but as mentioned I can't seem to use this as my print layout for invoices is based on the same table.

Any ideas welcome, thank you!

Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 21.57.34.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 22.00.53.png

• 1. Re: Print with List View
          SteveMartino

...for my invoice section I don't use line items (as you can only add one record from the main inventory to one invoice).

This isn't really correct.  The line items table (usually a portal on the invoice layout) is used just for this purpose.  Then you would print from a layout based on the line items table

• 2. Re: Print with List View
            bigtom

You may be better off quickly jumping out of list view printing the current set and them returning to list view if you need to. Printing in FM has its challenges.

Although it sounds like you might want to rethink how your line items are managed all together.