2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2015 11:15 PM by richardsrussell

Why Won't My Field Outlines Print?

richardsrussell

So I've got this layout with a bunch of data-entry fields on it. They're all formatted with a 0.25-point black border, so they show up as light-gray boxes. That's the way they look in Browse mode, and that's the way they used to look in Preview mode and on the printed page. But now they don't any more. Other layouts in the same file have fields formatted the same way, and they're printing as expected. The problematic fields don't have "Hide when printing" checked or anything in "Hide object when", and in any event the contents of the fields show up just fine, it's only the border that doesn't print. I've duplicated the layout. I've saved the file as a compressed copy. I've recovered the file. I've copied similarly-formatted fields from other layouts where they're known to print properly, but when I paste them in on this layout, the boxes disappear again. I've copied fields from this layout and pasted them in elsewhere, where the field outlines materialize as expected. I've tried every trick I know. Any ideas what I might be overlooking?