AnsweredAssumed Answered

Tab order

Question asked by mblogsd on Sep 1, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 1, 2015 by Fred(CH)

Forgive me if there has been an answer to this before, but my searches have yielded no solid results for what I'm attempting to do.  I'm wondering if it's possible for the tab order of fields to be altered based on the content in the field.  To be more clear, I have a layout that pulls values from another table of lookup values.  This is in regards to tracking data for wastewater treatment operations.  For smaller package plants, the footprint and equipment can be different.  This is the reason for the lookups; to provide an N/A in the necessary fields that said client does not have that particular piece of equipment so you don't go looking for it.  When setting up the tab order, we want to include all fields as some clients may use all of them.  Is it possible to write a script (or any other method) that would skip fields in the tab order that have N/A in them as you tab through the layout and stop on the ones that are blank so you can enter data?  Right now, it's setup to hide these fields if they are N/A.  Not an ideal setup, but works for now.  If the answer is this is currently not possible, that's ok too, but would like to attempt this if it is.  Thanks for any help in advance.

Outcomes