2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2015 10:30 AM by planteg

Portal filter take 2: can one clear the current filter ?

planteg

Hi,

yesterday I posted a question about using an If in the Portal filter calculation and got the answer as to why I had an issue.

But today I have another issue, so my question in the title. Sometimes I would like to empty the Portal, event though there is match between the Layout table and the Portal table. To that purpose I set the filter to 0 or False, but I still get something displayed as if the old filter is still applying, for example the date is in a certain range.

I am running in circle, getting nowhere. I will ask my question some other way: is there some way to completely replace a filter definition by another one ?

Thanks

Gilles Plante

• 1. Re: Portal filter take 2: can one clear the current filter ?
          Mantic

Hi Gilles

I think I'm following you here. Portals are notorious for not refreshing when an associated portal filter is altered. The first thing to try is to force a layout refresh with the Refresh Window script step with flush cached join results enabled (you can set this to run from a button on the layout).

Using the Refresh Window script step with flush cached join results is a little heavy handed in most cases (though it usually works fine) so you might want to explore other alternatives such as Refresh Object / Refresh Portal (depending on your version of FM of course).

Jon

• 2. Re: Portal filter take 2: can one clear the current filter ?
            planteg

Jon,

I do a Refresh Object on the portal with mixed results. I will try Refresh Window as suggested. I work in FMPA 13, so no Refresh Portal .

Will come back with the results.

Thanks

Gilles Plante

Message edited

The refresh Window did it !!! That's my first time working with Filtered Portals, and what a pain.

Thanks again, I will make sure everything is fine - such a lucky guy I am - and will mark your answer as Correct.