2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2015 11:56 AM by allenvwin

Generating a weekly report/layout/related table

allenvwin

Hi all,

I have a database that has about 7.4k unique entries. I am wondering if it is possible to create a layout/function/report within Filemaker 11 Pro where, weekly, I can add an entry (in this case, clients to pitch) to the report, and then make comments next to each entry.

Each weekly report has 20+ notes/entries which need notes, and I want for these reports to populate with entries from the database.

Is this even fundamentally possible? If it is, then other things I'd like to implement through scripting include a "past due" reminder on dated tasks, and some automation/autofill of phrases and dates which are repeated frequently.

I suppose the autofill could be solved via a value list, but fundamentally, is what I want to create even possible?

• 1. Re: Generating a weekly report/layout/related table
          mikebeargie

Sounds like a fairly easy report.

Also you should update to filemaker 14, 11 is fast becoming unsupported.

Are they doing data entry directly on the report? It sounds like you need a data entry layout that can save notes from a temporary text field to a related notes table. Then just make a found set of the records you want to enter notes for.

• 2. Re: Generating a weekly report/layout/related table
            allenvwin

They would be doing data entry into a report. For example:

OUTLET > First Name > Last Name > Date > Notes/Comments

which would repeat through a number of pre-determined sections, and the exact number of entries on each weekly report would vary.

Each line item would be from a unique entry which exists in the database already.

I can't seem to figure out how to make a layout from the database which isn't just a repetition of every individual entry in the database.

Ideally, whenever a staff member enters the Outlet, then the Names appear on a list.

I'm flexible on how this can work, but can't seem to hammer down the foundations.