Company_Name

Type 1 FLAG

Type 2 FLAG

Note : Each company can flag 1 or both types

I also have a Business table which contains following fields

Business_Name

Responsible Type 1

Responsible Type 2

For each Business, I need to identify the Responsible Type 1 & 2.  I would like to do this based on a value list which uses the Company_Names from the Company table.  I also would like to make sure that for Responsible Type 1, the values shown are only companies where Type 1 FLAG is "1".  Same for Responsible Type 2 based on Type 2 FLAG.

I already did several tests but I do not manage to make the value lists work correctly.
      Do you know how I should set this up?

Thanks in advance for your input?

Kind regards,

FredH

• 1. Re: Filtered Value List
          flybynight

You'll want to set up a table occurrence for each value list. Depending on your naming convention, they could be something like this:

Business_Company__Type1

Business_Company__Type2

I would suggest creating a field called c1 (constant 1) in the source table, with a [stored] calculated field set to = 1. Then base each relationship linking c1 to Type 1 FLAG, plus whatever other criteria you need. Have your value list with fields from the appropriate TO and show only related values, starting from Business.

HTH,

-Shawn

• 2. Re: Filtered Value List
            FredH

Hi flybynight,

Thanks a lot for your help.  I was nearly there but I my calculated field was not set up as "stored".
            Adding this does the trick!

Thanks again,

FredH

• 3. Re: Filtered Value List
              flybynight

No problem. I should have also said that the c1 field can't be a global field. You would think it would work, but it doesn't. There are other threads here about that.