2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2015 2:43 PM by AndrewJudd

Slide up neatly?!

AndrewJudd

Hi all, just trying to tidy up an invoice print layout.

I have quite a few fields at the bottom of a layout which slide up. The slide works fine but I'm struggling to keep the spacing neat.

All fields are the same size, all text set to aligned to top, all same font, all spaced evenly.

I have the top one (net text 2) set to slide up depending on objects directly above and not resize enclosing, the rest are all objects above with resize enclosing ticked. Assuming this is all correct?

Any ideas why they don't come out with the correct spacing neatly between them? (attached example) ?

It's not terrible but it would be nice if they were spaced correctly.

Screen Shot 2015-09-06 at 15.00.20.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-06 at 14.58.51.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-06 at 14.59.08.png

• 1. Re: Slide up neatly?!
          Mike_Mitchell

Just looking at it, I would say it is sliding up correctly. You have 6 fields there, only one of which is (apparently) populated in your example. But you have the same amount of whitespace between each field. Therefore, you have only one amount of whitespace between Net text 2 and Added Production Costs, but you have 6 sets of whitespace between Added Production Costs and Subtotal text 1. Therefore, the amount of space is six times as large.

To solve the problem, increase the vertical size of the fields and butt them up against one another. That way, when they collapse, the whitespace will be eliminated, but if they're populated, it will be there.

Mike

• 2. Re: Slide up neatly?!
            AndrewJudd

Thank you