ibrahim_bittar

To commit or not commit, that is the question

Discussion created by ibrahim_bittar on Sep 8, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 9, 2015 by jormond

Hello everybody

These days I have been working on a development technique that allows to fully revert changes, not only in the master record but in the related ones too. Basically by not committing the master record until the user says so via a script.

This has posed a number of challenges which I've been solving one by one and there is some empiric knowledge I've got from this experience but, I'd like to know if there is some under the hood information regarding the commit process.

I feel like the child in the Albert Einstein's quote:

“We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library, whose walls are covered to the ceiling with books in many different languages. The child knows that someone must have written those books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the the languages in which they are written. The child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books, a mysterious order, which it does not comprehend but only dimly suspects.”

May be locates or someone from this community could share how FM works regarding the commit process. I'd appreciate it a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Ibrahim

Outcomes