2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2015 10:43 AM by steveromig

layout problem

joaol

everytime when I close the filemaker and re-open it, it will go out last layout I use, How do I set the only layout will show unless I switch it on layout tool bar.

for example, I create layout1 layout2 & layout3, but I only want to see layout2 everytime I open the file,,, thank you

• 1. Re: layout problem
          TSPigeon

joaol:

Thank you for your post.

To have the file open to a particular layout you might use the "Switch to Layout" feature under File > File Options... For further information click here.

You could also have an "OnFirstWindowOpen" script trigger (found in the Script Triggers tab of File Options) which should run a script using "GoToLayout". For more information on the "GoToLayout" script step click here.

I hope this information is of use!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: layout problem
            steveromig

everytime when I close the filemaker and re-open it, it will go out last layout I use, How do I set the only layout will show unless I switch it on layout tool bar.

for example, I create layout1 layout2 & layout3, but I only want to see layout2 everytime I open the file,,, thank you

In addition to what TSPigeon suggested, you might want to play around with the Manage Layouts functionality so that only the layouts you want to see in the Layouts drop down list show up in Browse mode.

Manage Layouts can be accessed by clicking FILE > MANAGE > LAYOUTS.  From here you can check (or uncheck) those layouts you do not want to have direct access to while in Browse mode.  Note that you can still get to them if you create scripts or buttons that go to those layouts - you just won't be able to access them directly from the FileMaker UI itself.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.