10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2015 1:29 PM by PSI

WebDirect Error?

PSI

A client got this error message on IE 11 windows 7. I tested on my computer and didn't get the message.

The user clicks a button to run an Export PDF Script.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: WebDirect Error?
          mikebeargie

try running IE in compatibility mode, or a different browser. Same result?

• 2. Re: WebDirect Error?
            PSI

I will have them try the compatibility mode but they are running IE 11 which is exactly what I am running and don't have that error.

• 3. Re: WebDirect Error?
              mikebeargie

Are you accessing it on LAN or WAN like your users? Sometimes there's some config issues with your network setup that might need updated.

• 4. Re: WebDirect Error?
                PSI

I am connecting over the WAN. They are as well but starting from their internal network.

• 5. Re: WebDirect Error?
                  PSI

They tried compatibility on and got a message that the browser is too old or not supported.

Doesn't work at all.

• 6. Re: WebDirect Error?
                    TSPigeon

PSI:

Thank you for your post.

You might try clearing Internet Explorer 11's cache or try another web browser (such as Chrome).

You might also try clearing the Java cache, as it is used by Vaadin. For more information on clearing Java cache click here.

I hope this information is of use!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: WebDirect Error?
                      PSI

Hi TSPigeon,

I am having the client try the cache clearing...I will report back with the result.

Thanks,

John

• 8. Re: WebDirect Error?
                        PSI

Now month + later my client is having the same error. It happened with a field that displays a value list.

So clearing the browser and Java cache didn't seem to hold. Is there any other info about this error?

Thanks,

John

• 9. Re: WebDirect Error?
                          TSPigeon

PSI:

Thank you for your response.

Could you provide more information on the script steps involved and the data being used?

If possible, I would like to take a look at your file. Check your inbox at the top of this page for instructions on how to submit your file.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 10. Re: WebDirect Error?
                            PSI

TSP...

My client is the only one getting this error. This is a 2 server setup. They are inside the network but connecting via the domain create for SSL connections.

The user clicks a popover button. There is a 3 panel slide control on the popover.

Panel 1 - asks for type of report

Panel 2 - they select Month and Year ( global fields )

Panel 3 - They select a Student (global text field) from a value list that is based on a relationship. The field also has a script trigger. The script is simple - Refresh Object - then commits to show a portal of courses.

Thanks,

John