AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why Can't I Get My Tab Control Titles Properly Boldfaced?

Question asked by richardsrussell on Sep 10, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 29, 2017 by JackRodges

I've got a global field called "Tab Pref", and I can set it to go to the tab control I'm currently working with when I navigate to that screen. (Specifically, my "go to layout" script contains a "go to object" step.) In the screenshot below, "Tab Pref" is set to "Family", and when I got to that screen, the "Family" tab was indeed foremost, and its title was in boldface, which is what I expect from the foremost tab. (I set it up that way in the "Appearance" Inspector, with "Active" selected as the object state; conversely, when "Inactive" is selected, the title is formatted as plain, unbolded text.)

But then I click on a different tab (in the screenshot, "Contact Info"), which does indeed come to the front, as it should, but the tab title remains in plain text, while the now-behind "Family" tab continues to be boldfaced. I have another set of tab controls on the same layout, and to me they seem to be formatted exactly the same way as the problematic ones (for example, "Tabs Share Single Style" is unchecked for both), but the 2nd set behaves as expected, with the frontmost tab showing up in bold and all the rest as plain text.

Anyone got any ideas?

Odd Tab Behavior.jpeg

Outcomes