4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2015 7:50 PM by user19752

FileMaker 14 Server on Windows 2012 Server

mcarey

Does anyone have a Single Machine install with deployment of PHP (fileMaker version) of FileMaker 14 Server on Windows 2012 Server running a PHP website talking to FileMaker?

Where have you placed your PHP website and how have you configured your PHP files to work:

require_once 'fmview.php';

require_once 'FileMaker.php';

require_once 'error.php';

Thanks!

• 1. Re: FileMaker 14 Server on Windows 2012 Server
          ch0c0halic

I don't know if this is the only way to configure it but this works for our web site. FMS 14 on Windows 2008.

Filemaker Server 14 has its own instance of Apache so you don't use any of the OS Web Server folders.

All the files for your Custom Web Site go into the FMS 14 Folder.

Path:

Computer/Local Disk (c:)/Program Files/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/conf/

I suggest you add a folder in the /conf/ folder for your site.

The /FileMaker/ PHP folder is already here.

The /includes/ folder is already here.

You should probably have this line at the top of your starting PHP page.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<?php

session_start();

require_once('includes/fm_include.php');

Edit the fm_includes.php file to have your database specific values. Should also have the FileMaker.PHP reference.

For example:

<?php

require_once($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/includes/FileMaker.php');

$DB_HOST = 'http://my_domain.com';

$DB_NAME = 'fm_database';

$DB_USER = 'fm_web_username';

$DB_PASS = 'fm_web_password';

$DB = new FileMaker($DB_NAME, $DB_HOST, $DB_USER, $DB_PASS);

• 2. Re: FileMaker 14 Server on Windows 2012 Server
            mcarey

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

-Mac

To: Edward Carey <careysolutions@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, September 11, 2015 2:58 PM

Subject: Re:  - FileMaker 14 Server on Windows 2012 Server

#yiv0733757158 * #yiv0733757158 a #yiv0733757158 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv0733757158 #yiv0733757158 h1, #yiv0733757158 h2, #yiv0733757158 h3, #yiv0733757158 h4, #yiv0733757158 h5, #yiv0733757158 h6, #yiv0733757158 p, #yiv0733757158 hr {}#yiv0733757158 .yiv0733757158content p #yiv0733757158 .yiv0733757158content li #yiv0733757158 .yiv0733757158button td {}#yiv0733757158 .yiv0733757158footer #yiv0733757158 .yiv0733757158footer a

|

|

FileMaker 14 Server on Windows 2012 Server

reply from ch0c0halic in Discussions - View the full discussionI don't know if this is the only way to configure it but this works for our web site. FMS 14 on Windows 2008.Filemaker Server 14 has its own instance of Apache so you don't use any of the OS Web Server folders.All the files for your Custom Web Site go into the FMS 14 Folder. Path:Computer/Local Disk (c:)/Program Files/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/conf/  I suggest you add a folder in the /conf/ folder for your site.The /FileMaker/ PHP folder is already here.The /includes/ folder is already here. You should probably have this line at the top of your starting PHP page. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><?php session_start();require_once('includes/fm_include.php');  Edit the fm_includes.php file to have your database specific values. Should also have the FileMaker.PHP reference. For example: <?phprequire_once($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/includes/FileMaker.php'); $DB_HOST = 'http://my_domain.com';$DB_NAME = 'fm_database';$DB_USER = 'fm_web_username';$DB_PASS = 'fm_web_password'; $DB = new FileMaker($DB_NAME, $DB_HOST, $DB_USER, $DB_PASS);

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on FileMaker Community

Start a new discussion in Discussions by email or at FileMaker Community

Following FileMaker 14 Server on Windows 2012 Server in these streams: Inbox

|

Manage your email preferences

FileMaker Developer Conference 2016 • Las Vegas, Nevada • July 18-21 • www.filemaker.com/devcon

|

• 3. Re: FileMaker 14 Server on Windows 2012 Server
              mcarey

My conf folder does not have any include or ... folder inside it.  I can place php webpages in the HTTPServer and they work fine, that is the php commands work. But I have not been able to talk to my Filemaker DB yet. Did you place an includes folder in the HTTPServer/conf folder and also place the PHP folder there. My FM14 install placed the filemaker.php and PHP folder inside the Web Publishing folder, which is one directory up from the HTTPServer folder. I don't know of any /includes/ folder unless this is a folder you have created on your own. I can't find it anywhere.  The only difference on our installs seem to be that yours is on Windows 2008 and mine on Windows 2012.

-Mac

--------------------

I don't know if this is the only way to configure it but this works for our web site. FMS 14 on Windows 2008.

Filemaker Server 14 has its own instance of Apache so you don't use any of the OS Web Server folders.

All the files for your Custom Web Site go into the FMS 14 Folder.

Path:

Computer/Local Disk (c:)/Program Files/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/conf/

I suggest you add a folder in the /conf/ folder for your site.

The /FileMaker/ PHP folder is already here.

The /includes/ folder is already here.

• 4. Re: FileMaker 14 Server on Windows 2012 Server
                user19752

You can see php.ini in

C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishing-engine\php\php.ini

on default installation.

include_path = ".;C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishing-engine\php\PEAR;C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishing-engine\php\FileMaker;C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishing-engine\php"

Then you would need only filename as

require_once('FileMaker.php');

and

$DB_HOST = 'localhost';

on single server deployment.