1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 23, 2015 8:40 AM by mark_baum

How do I connect the email button to my email program, and generate a new email?

ggoresky

I did enter a button, as suggested early in the learn phase, but the button does not connect to my email program. I am unclear of the next step in the process. I  wish to click the button, and create a template to send an email to the contact detail window in which the button resides.

• 1. Re: How do I connect the email button to my email program, and generate a new email?
          mark_baum

Hi Gerald,

My apologies for having missed the questions that you posted here.

A button can be associated with a script step or a script by choosing either option from the Action drop-down in the Button Setup dialog.

Screen Shot 2015-10-23 at 8.28.51 AM.png

For now let's keep it simple and choose "Single Step".

This causes a Button Action dialog window to appear.

Screen Shot 2015-10-23 at 8.30.10 AM.png

In the space where it says "Type a step or choose from the list" type:  Send Mail

This causes the Send Mail script step to appear in a drop down. Select it.

Screen Shot 2015-10-23 at 8.32.28 AM.png

The Send Mail script step is selected. Now you need to configure its settings. Click on the gear icon that appears next to the script step name.

Screen Shot 2015-10-23 at 8.33.26 AM.png

For now, leave the "Perform without dialog" checkbox unchecked. This allows you to see the email that will be generated before it is sent.

Click the Specify... button.

Screen Shot 2015-10-23 at 8.34.06 AM.png

A "Send Mail" Options dialog window appears.

Enter values as appropriate in the various fields. You can enter actual email addresses as aa single string enclosed in quotes (with multiple addresses separated by commas), or you can write a calculation formula that generates one or more email addresses separated by commas.

For now, keep the 'Send via:" option as "E-Mail Client". This means that the default email application on your computer will be used.

Screen Shot 2015-10-23 at 8.40.07 AM.png

Hope this gets you started!

Mark