AnsweredAssumed Answered

Repeating field within calculation field in Extend function

Question asked by steveald on Sep 11, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 11, 2015 by Mike_Mitchell

I use the Extend function to build a grid of numbers based on a repeating field that acts as the header row for the grid - much like a table in Excel. Each row is a calculation field containing an Extend function.

For example, the repeating field may be 10, 20, 30, 40, ... and each row of the grid below it contains a calculation field that follows the format: RepeatingField * Extend ( CalcFieldA ) / Extend ( Row1CalcFieldB ); RepeatingField * Extend ( CalcFieldA ) / Extend ( Row2CalcFieldB )

This time, I need to build an Extend function where one of the calculation fields contains the repeating field in the calculation. In the above example, CalcFieldA would be: ( RepeatingField * CalcFieldB - CalcFieldC ) * CalcFieldD )

I can't think of any way to get the RepeatingField outside of the Extend portion of the equation. Is there another method I can use to create the rows of the grid that achieves the same effect as the Extend function on a repeating field?

I thought about flipping it sideways and making the repeating field the vertical axis of the grid instead of the horizontal axis, but there is no single formula that will populate all the elements of the repeating field (the numbers incrementally increase, but not evenly).

Outcomes