AnsweredAssumed Answered

Validating "@" Exists in an Email with Show Custom Dialog

Question asked by sumaschu on Sep 11, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 18, 2015 by sumaschu

Hi all Gurus!

As always, thank so much for this valuable service you all provide.  You all are awesome and very much appreciated!

Have a couple of text "email" fields (PersonalEmail and WorkEmail, so far) on a Layout.  When the data is entered into the field, have it perform a "Calculated Value" within the Auto-Enter tab to check for no more than one "@" symbol and at least one "." (accommodate for a .com, .edu, etc), to change the color of text to red using:

If(

PatternCount(Self;"@")<>1

or

PatternCount(Self;".")=0
;

TextColor(Self;RGB(255;0;0));

TextColor(Self;RGB(0;0;0)))

It works beautifully in changing the color of the text to red when the data falls outside these parameters (thanks Discussion)!  [And yes, I am aware that if there is a "." between a first name and a last name (ex: john.doe@emailcom), it will errantly not flag the email address as invalid, when it is indeed invalid (missing the "." between "email" and "com").  Some sort of validation is better than no validation in my experience.]

Now, before saving the data within the Layout, want to check with a Script if there are any "red text" fields that haven't been addressed for just the email fields.  I haven't been able to figure out a way to Get TextColor or any attributes that contains TextColor from the Field data.  I am sure it exists somewhere.  I just can't seem to find it.

With my humble hat in hand, can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks!

Mark <><

Outcomes