I assume you're referring to "a list of records", not list of files. Otherwise, more information or a screenshot would help.
actually, this is exactly the effect you get when Printer Setting is set to "current record" instead of "all records" or maybe Printing is not set to "all Pages".
Another cause could be the layout been set to Form-View instead of List-View.
Yes, you are correct. A list of records. Printing is definitely set to "all records" and I am printing from a list view. This is something new since I upgraded to V10. The last version I was using this was not a problem. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Don't get this right:
- did you update FMP OR Mac OSX before this issue occurred?
- do you have other printers / printer drivers to test and maybe narrow this down to a printer issue, not FMP issue?
- if you did Mac OS update, are you using most current printer driver?
- what do you see when goto PrintLayout and go into Preview Mode?
I updated FMP to 10
Not a printer issue - same issue on two different printers
No printer updates available.
When in Preview Mode I see what I want - all of the records. It looks like it will print correctly. When printing I get only the first record.
just to exclude other issues:
- is this correct that you definitely are in List View and not in Form View with Portal Rows?
- with Mac OS, I assume that you used save-as-PDF via the print dialog. What do you get when goto Print Layout and trigger the FMP native save-as-PDF fiction for example with a dedicated script?
- is there any 'gotoRelatedRecords' for print involved that may differ from tasks for Preview?
(this is most irritating since Preview should show exactly what you get with Print!)
If all this doesn't enlighten the issue, a screenshot of the PrintLayout in Layout Mode and also of the Print Dialog could help.
For me this still looks like the Print All Records option is not selected.
It is a known issue using FileMaker 10 under recent OS X systems, at least since Mavericks.
It does not occurs with FileMaker 11.
That means, if one open a file under these OS and FileMaker 11, she/he can choose between "Current record" and "Records being browsed" within the print dialog successfully.
However, if he/she close and reopen the file using FM 10, that last choice made by FM11 is the only way that's work.
Though options are to get a update to FMP 11 OR go straight to FMP13 which goes with the new ".fmp12" data format.
Avoid FMP 12 (great disaster) and FMP 14 (still too bugy)
Thanks for all the help! I purchased FMP11 and all is right with the world again.
Despite you solved your problem by using a newer FMP version, some more informations would be appreciated:
Is there any FMP10 related Print issue?!
Fine. But be mindful that FMP11 is now an unsupported version.
I purchased FMP11 and all is right with the world again.
I have had the same problem and without having to upgrade to FM11 note that you can save it as the PDF USING THE SAVE AS PDF ICON in the menu bar (versus the other print tool in the File Menu) and you'll get all your records in a pdf and you print for there. True, I should upgrade but I only use FM once a year now.