2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2015 6:23 AM by erolst

Display the most recent date in a field

jackmac

Hi all,

I have a field which is called 'DatePaidTo' in my 'Invoice' table and it is effectively the most recent date an invoice has been paid. A customer will pay monthly and his invoice record will show customer ABC paid up until the end of the month.

When I show the 'DatePaidTo' field on his record it only finds the first record. I want the field to display the most recent entry. I'm assuming I can use Conditional Formatting but a unable to find a formula. Any suggestions please?

I'm using FM Pro 14

TIA

Jackmac

• 1. Re: Display the most recent date in a field
          jackmac

Found it folks... thought I'd update how if that helps anyone.

In the relationship I created between the 'Customer' table and the 'Invoices' table, I set the records on the 'Invoicing' table to sort Descending. That way, the most recent entry is displayed.

Can't believe I didn't think of it earlier... Doh!!

• 2. Re: Display the most recent date in a field
            erolst

Ad another portal into Invoices to your layout, make it 1 row tall, sort it by datePaid, descending, and put datePaid into the portal.

jackmac wrote:

I'm assuming I can use Conditional Formatting but a unable to find a formula.

CF would be useful to flag the record with the most recent date in a list; but it won't help you to isolate the record with that specific value.