5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2015 6:22 AM by Storganise

Missing data in a new field

francus60

I have found a problem, I imported 72 records to this A table, when trying to pull those records in to the B table nothing appears, when click on any record nothing was showing. Then I manually impute data into the A table, then the records on B table suddenly appears. I'm using FileMaker Pro advance 13. Any Idea why this is happening?

• 1. Re: Missing data in a new field
          Storganise

When you imported the data did you specify to Perform Auto Enter Options when importing? Sounds to me like you have a relationship that is based on a certain field being populated correctly which is done automatically when you create a new record  but when you import records that isn't being triggered.

The other possibility of course is that you have a script that triggers during the record creation process normally which would set the relationship criteria correctly for that record. Importing data wouldn't trigger scripts.

James

• 2. Re: Missing data in a new field
            francus60

Hello James, Thank you for your response. I did all the correct impo-

procedures, and the script it is not possible because it is a new

database, but what you are mentioning about the relationship it may be

the way. I'm learning and I love this Filemaker program. I educated my

self by reading books. Many thanks for you help

Francisco

• 3. Re: Missing data in a new field
              Storganise

Hi Francisco,

Yes, it's a great fun thing to learn. Reading books helps; I got started using linda.com who have a lot of tutorials, as well as Matt Petrovski at filemakermagazine.com

Enjoy

James

• 4. Re: Missing data in a new field
                francus60

Hello James, you know i have create a fresh new one from the starter

solution and is doing the same thing. I have to actually enter every

record to be able to populate the data into the other table. any Idea way?

Francisco

• 5. Re: Missing data in a new field
                  Storganise

Hi Francisco,

Can you send us some screen shots to show what you mean?

Thanks

James