AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sum of individual cells in Repeating Field across records?

Question asked by mark_b on Sep 16, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 16, 2015 by mark_b

Hi All,

I have a solution that tracks course updates for a school.  Each course consists of many classes, which can vary in number depending on the length of the course.  The tasks at the course level are based on the description the student sees on the website.  In the example shown below, the assignment for classes 3, 7 and 10 need to be updated.  However, updating the assignment involves modifying the Word document, the WordPress website and an Excel grade sheet (Detail).  When each of the tasks is completed for a specific class, I would like the box checked for the parent record for that class.

Using the self-join relationship below (The "id" fields are all UUIDs), I have tried "Sum ( Class Detail Status »  SelfJoin::Status[3] )" just to see if I could get the value expected.  As you can see from the screen-shot below, I would expect a value of 2, but I get 7. I don't know how to isolate the summation to just the one repetition across several records.  If I can figure that out, then I could try using the "Sum ( GetRepetition ( Class Detail Status »  SelfJoin::Status; Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber )))" to be more generic.  Maybe it can't be done, in which case I'll have to go back to the drawing board, but the Repeating Field works nicely on the layout.  I'm doing this on a Windows 10 system with FMPA-14.

Cheers, Mark

2015-09-16_13-34-36.png2015-09-16_13-23-23.png

2015-09-16_13-45-10.png

Outcomes