2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2015 3:27 AM by Gingernut

Filemaker 14 Pro Adv 14.02 32 bit Printing causes window to hide

Gingernut

Has anyone else experienced the Filemaker window "hiding" behind any other open window every time they print - either directly File Print - or via a script.

Running Window 14 Pro Advance with latest update and Windows 7.

• 1. Re: Filemaker 14 Pro Adv 14.02 32 bit Printing causes window to hide
          TSPigeon

Gingernut:

Thank you for your post.

I was unable to reproduce this behavior with FileMaker Pro 14.0.2 (Advanced 32-bit) on the latest updates of Windows 7 Professional (64-bit). To attempt to reproduce I followed these steps:

1. Launched Several Applications and opened a File Browser Window (to replicate having windows open behind FileMaker

2. Launched FileMaker, opened a file with some sample fields and data

3. File > Print > OK

The document printed as expected and the FileMaker Pro 14.0.2 (Advanced) window stayed in front of all other application windows.

Please let me know if you have further information needed to reproduce.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Filemaker 14 Pro Adv 14.02 32 bit Printing causes window to hide
            Gingernut

Thanks TSPigeon

I tried to recreate the same thing at home and there was no issue - as you found trying to do the same thing.

I guessed it must be related to the specific printer/driver.

I then reinstalled my Sharp MXC300 print driver without any software such as the status monitor and it was fine - I think because the status monitor pops up and tells you the document was sent to printer the Operating system then did not know which program to go back to when multiple windows open - when minimised it was ok too.

It has occurred with various Sharp drivers -

Thanks for your help - perhaps I can get Filemaker in Stockley (LONDON) park pop in and have a chat with their next door neighbours Sharp Electronics (UK) to let them know about this issue.