dburnham

Open Remote (Launch Center) cannot delete a Favorite Host

Discussion created by dburnham on Sep 18, 2015
Latest reply on May 23, 2018 by user19752

I have previously reported the fact that the new Launch center has a button for adding a favorite host but no button to delete (remove) a favorite host as we have always been able to do in the past.  I have also been told by TSGal that this is the expected behavior of the Launch Center.   I disagree, and gave my reasons why.  I was also at that time reporting that LAN IP's which are created as favorite hosts should NOT automatically disappear when FileMaker is unable to connect to a LAN IP because developers who travel with laptops are thereby burdened whenever they pay a repeat visit to a client, being unable to access the database before adding back a favorite host that vanished on its own.

Well, today I discovered that if you use Manage External Data Sources and use the Add button, followed by the Remote button, you are presented with the Open Remote dialog that we used prior to FileMaker 14.  As my screen shots indicate, the REMOVE button that allows the removal of an obsolete favorite host still exists.

I respectfully request that for the sake of consistency, the REMOVE capability be added to the Launch Center for the obvious reason that managing favorite hosts occasionally requires the removal of a host address that is no longer needed in the routine course of business.   All we need is a simple minus button to the right of the plus button.

Outcomes