Obviously I am also unable to tell which field it is. There is no indication of where it's happening and it could be one of 50 fields.
The error would be on "Set Field" or "Insert something Field" step, is there the steps without specifying field?
No there are no steps which don’t specify the field.
I am going through the process of disabling one step at a time, sending the file back to the server, and waiting to find where the error changes or stops.
I've had similar experiences where I've added a field to a table, eg a global field and yet the priv set has defaulted the field to 'not modifiable'. (Thus far, I've mostly created WD-specific priv sets.) Once I went into the relevant priv set and table, and correctly set the access for that specific field, WD was happier.
Thanks for the tip, but I just checked all my privileges and am testing with [Full Access] but still no joy.
So, I gave the suspect script full privileges, and the problem is gone.
At this point I have no idea why, but will come back with an explanation if I get one.
Thanks for your help all.
Yeah, this is hair-tearing stuff. Any subscripts being called? How about layouts - any layouts restricted by privilege set?
I had a similar issues. The first time it happened, fields in WD layouts became totally unresponsive, even simple data entry fields.
The layouts worked fine in FMPA but no way to get them fixed than by replacing them.
Re-created layouts form scratch to make it work again.
Second time, data entry fields became unresponsive. No error message at all in WD, just dead fields. In FMPA, when clicking on such a field the error message told me that there was no connection to a table. Never saw this before. Check in Inspector showed no evidence for that. Strange: fields sitting on the very same layout and linked to the very same TO worked flawlessly.
I had to delete and recreate the incriminated objects in order to make it work.
Now I am behind schedule and my customer in not amused. Devastating experience.
Mike there are several subscripts, none of which did I (need to) give full access, and none of the layouts are restricted. Some fields were (having been added later), but I cleared that up early in the investigation.
I will continue to investigate, but thankfully the solution is working at the ,moment. Phew.
...and I don't have enough hair to tear....
Sounds like a nightmare Torsten, but my situation is at least stable. Yours sounds like a corrupt file, or poor connection, but I would need more info to help and it seems that (thankfully) you've solved it.
Thanks for the input.