2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2015 2:15 PM by coherentkris

Web Direct not displaying distal tables in portal

coherentkris

I've been fighting this issue for a while and gotta reach out beyond the report an issue forum.

Occasionally I can not see data from 4, 3, or 2 hops deep in the relationship graph via Web Direct portal.

Seems to be unpredictable and not browser specific.

I'm on FMS 13v10 on windows server.

I have made sure their is valid data to show in the portal, have validated that their is one and only one related record across the relationships, that the match fields are of the same type (number) and do not contain any text.

I have run a recover just to check for errors and found none.

Made sure that the edit boxes in the portal are enclosed in the portal and that they are not set to show invisible font color choices.

I have turned on and off the indexes of each field in the chain just to let FM refresh them in case it was a contributing, but highly unlikely, factor.

Any ideas?

This issue does NOT present in FMPA client only Web Direct. Is it possible that the server is underpowered could be a cause?

Help me Obi Wan.. your my only hope...

And no i'm not wearing danishes on my head.

• 1. Re: Web Direct not displaying distal tables in portal
          mikebeargie

Is it possible that the server is underpowered could be a cause?

Remember that WebDirect is generated in the same context that a server-side script is run in. So while it may work for you on a desktop client, the context is different and may behave differently depending on how your relationships are formed.

That said, what's more probable is that the rendering engine for WebDirect just can't reliably go 4 levels deep when it draws portal objects.

My suggestion, if you absolutely need it, would be to cache the data in a single related table, and load those rows into your table instead. Personally I avoid portals entirely in my web based solutions and just use List <-> Form --> List style navigation, only ever using list and form views.

• 2. Re: Web Direct not displaying distal tables in portal
            coherentkris

Wish I could limit things to no portals.

It occurred today but only two levels deep.

the are simple single predicate equi joins between number fields