2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2015 1:47 PM by artdoc

Where did the button for hidden Layouts go in FMGO 14?

artdoc

After a few months -!- of inactivity with my taxi project, I have returned with a few new parts added. But when I look at the database on my iPhone 6, I am no longer able to find the button to let mr change to a layout that is not buttoned for easy access. I have several layouts that are hidden, but I have always been able to use my list to bring them forward. Not now!

With a change in iTunes, a change to iOS 9, and now (for me) a change to FMGO14, I am a little lost.  Did the labeling change? I see the "new interface" is leaving me stumped. Any help?

Stev

• 1. Re: Where did the button for hidden Layouts go in FMGO 14?
          steveromig

After a few months -!- of inactivity with my taxi project, I have returned with a few new parts added. But when I look at the database on my iPhone 6, I am no longer able to find the button to let mr change to a layout that is not buttoned for easy access. I have several layouts that are hidden, but I have always been able to use my list to bring them forward. Not now!

With a change in iTunes, a change to iOS 9, and now (for me) a change to FMGO14, I am a little lost.  Did the labeling change? I see the "new interface" is leaving me stumped. Any help?

Stev

You can access layouts in FileMaker Go 14 by clicking on the "folder" icon in the upper right hand corner of the toolbar at the top of the screen and then choosing Layouts.

If you cannot see the toolbar at the top of the screen, try an three finger gesture up to display it.  If it still unable to see the toolbar at the top of the screen, you may have it locked (in which case the three finger gesture will not work) and you will need to unlock it on the FileMaker Pro side before you can proceed.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Where did the button for hidden Layouts go in FMGO 14?
            artdoc

Hey Steve, thanks for a quick reply. But here is where we both get to learn something: In FMGO 14, things are different, for sure. The upper-right icon is a search icon. That opens a window with labeled parts that include  layouts and scripts, Si in fact you did push me in the right direction. I had not tried the search because that's not how it was in 13. In 13 the upper right is a Gear icon that shows scripts, in the lower left is a folder with layouts. I had to reinstall 13 to check, and sure enough, I simply made a mistake to move up to 14. I am still using 13 because I do limited work in FM Pro any more.

So yes, this got me back on track. THanks.