Questions to check:
- is the field layouted as "interactive" ?
- is a PDF reader like Acrobat installed or does the system have a default PDF reader ?
- is .pdf linked to a reader software in system prefs ?
- can you open the PDF in a PDF Reader ?
- did you copy or link the PDF to the container field ? If linked, is the linked path still valid, active, network drive mounted ?
Thanks for all the advice. I'm clear on everything except the first question, "is the field layouted as "interactive" ?" I don't know how to do this.
open the inspector with the data tab
mark your container field
in the inspector choose "interactive content"
I found the problem and fixed it (the interactive content). Thank you so much for your help!!