2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2015 2:39 AM by AlastairMcInnes

Optional second (third) page in layout

AlastairMcInnes

Hi,

We have a layout which displays information about our books - title, description, price, pub date, etc.

Until now, this has been a single page and that has worked fine. I've now been asked to include author biographies to the data which means that, in some cases, the information will need to flow onto a second (or, I suppose, a third) page.

The first page is formatted with our company logo across the top, and a sidebar with a summary of the book's information. In the main body of the layout is the description and the new biographies. We're happy for the second page just to be any extra text on a plain page (no header, sidebar, etc required).

I assumed that FM would do this by default, but it doesn't. Instead all I get is the first page truncated at the bottom (in the middle of a line of text in the attached sample).

The information in the main part of the layout is all shown in Merge fields, so they always fit in layout mode - the problem only arises when the data in the merge fields is too long to fit on the one page. I've tried extending the merge field onto a second page and that works, but it ALWAYS prints a second page, even when there's nothing on it.

How do I tell FM to extend the layout to a second page only if necessary?

Thanks,

Alastair