Just started using FMP/A 14 to connect to FMS 14.
Also using FMP/A 12 to connect to the same server.
FMA 12 via Open Remote steps go as follows:
- From window "Open Remote File" select server
- Results in a popup window: "View Databases Hosted By Filemaker Server" allows for a User ID & Password, which takes any values or can be cancelled, all the same.
- Select database from list and log on with normal credentials. All works fine.
FMA 14 via Open Remote:
- From window "Launch Center" select server
- Results in popup window: "View Databases Hosted By Filemaker Server". Any and credentials entered result in a "No files currently hosted in..." message.
- No databases to choose from
In both cases we're connecting to the same FMS host, same database, same credentials. Only difference is the client FMP version.
So, two questions:
- I'm not familiar with what the "View Databases Hosted By Filemaker Server" step. Does that relate to Administrator Groups?
- What would cause databases accessible to FMP 12 to not be available to FMP 14?