AnsweredAssumed Answered

Modal Window Script Bug

Question asked by luiza.b.almeida on Sep 25, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 25, 2015 by luiza.b.almeida

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie, so please excuse me if my question is dumb.

Part 1:

I'm building a database with important information in it with thousands of records. In order to prevent users from changing the information accidentally, I created an "Edit Info" button that takes you to a modal window (which is a different layout that has a "save" button and a "cancel" button for users to verify their changes before saving them). Everything was working fine, until I tried to log in as a user with limited access and I started to get notices like "Your access privileges do not allow you to perform this action." So, I decided to run a script debugger and it's finding Error #3 on many parts of my modal window script.

Here is the script I wrote and linked to the "Edit Info" button:

Screen Shot 2015-09-25 at 3.20.04 PM.png

What is wrong with my script? How can I make it work?

Part 2:

How do I make the specific fields un-editable on that specific layout? I know I could can the in the security settings, but that would make it towards users wouldn't be able to edit the fields from the modal window either. I also know I could make that specific layout not available for modification, but that freezes all fields, including the button to take me to the modal window.

Thank you

Outcomes