5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2015 1:10 PM by AjEGfmTech

FileMaker Forum not migrated

AjEGfmTech

Hello. I'm sorry I'm late to the changes that have seemingly occurred to forums.filemaker.com - in other words, that it is in the process of being abandoned in favor of community.filemaker.com. That's fine, it will probably be an improved experience. My concern is retaining the posts, comments, favorites and subscriptions I had in the 'old' forum. I found info about to create this FM Community account. The information stated that my account info should automatically have been migrated over. Unfortunately, NONE of it has.

After looking into this some more, I see that I had two separate FileMaker accounts. My first one, where all of the history I'm concerned about is located, never had a username, just an email address. The second account was a required account creation when I signed up for TechNet. I think what might be messing things up is that I used the same email address for the TechNet account as I had for my initial FM Forums account.

When I went to 'reset password' with my email address, the TechNet account is what I ended up in on FM Community. Unfortunately, that account has zero history and info in it. I only used that for creating my TechNet subscription.

How can I get my original FM Forums content added to this FM Community account?

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: FileMaker Forum not migrated
          mark_baum

Hi AJ, I'm going to get the support team in touch with you about this. Let's see what we can sort out. Cheers -- Mark

• 2. Re: FileMaker Forum not migrated
            AjEGfmTech

Thanks Mark, I would appreciate that. I have not heard anything from anyone at FileMaker yet, except for an email asking me to fill out a survey about FileMaker's support. You might be able to guess how that went. ;-)

I hope to hear from somebody soon. It's been about a week.

• 3. Re: FileMaker Forum not migrated
              mark_baum

I'm sorry for the delay -- I've touched base with support again now.

• 4. Re: FileMaker Forum not migrated
                steveromig

Thanks Mark, I would appreciate that. I have not heard anything from anyone at FileMaker yet, except for an email asking me to fill out a survey about FileMaker's support. You might be able to guess how that went. ;-)

I hope to hear from somebody soon. It's been about a week.

I am having something in our Customer Support group reach out to you.  They said they did when this issue first came up but perhaps the initial email did not get to you for one reason or another.  They are sending a follow-up email to you sometime today and/or may contact you directly.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: FileMaker Forum not migrated
                  AjEGfmTech

Thanks Steve. Connie from Customer Support has been in contact with me yesterday and today. I can now at least login to FileMaker Community. Unfortunately, it appears that I've lost 70+ posts from over the last 3+ years to this migration.

So far I really like the new FM Community area, I would give it a 9 on a 10 scale. The migration however, leaves me very disappointed. From what I understand, there isn't even a way to see a list of the names of my posts so I could possibly look them up manually and manually link them. I would give the migration process a 2 on a 10 scale.