2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2015 12:20 PM by Tmoe380

How can I mass checkout?

Tmoe380

Hello,

I am preparing to use FMP14 to track assets at my company and used the "Assets" from starter solutions as a base model.  It works great for checking in/out (1) record at a time, but I will be needing to check out hundreds of items.  Is there already a way to do this?

My idea was to include a check box in list mode; when a box is checked, the record is added to another layout called "check out," I could then click a "Check out" button to checked them all out at once.

Is this the right way to think about this?  Is there already a solution out there?

Thanks,

Terry

• 1. Re: How can I mass checkout?
          erolst

Tmoe380 wrote:

My idea was to include a check box in list mode; when a box is checked, the record is added to another layout called "check out," I could then click a "Check out" button to checked them all out at once.

Is this the right way to think about this?  Is there already a solution out there?

There was recent discussion about emulating the “mark” checkbox (known from misc. web apps), then have a specified action applied to that selection.

Another method is to use a global variable to hold that selection; saves you a field in the schema and is multi-user safe.

Tmoe380 wrote:

It works great for checking in/out (1) record at a time, but I will be needing to check out hundreds of items.

Clicking hundreds of items to select them for checkout isn't that much progress compared to clicking them individually to check them out directly.

Consider adding a mechanism that lets you quickly select “all” or “none”, after you've compiled a found set by other means.

Apart from that, I'm not familiar with that Starter Solution, but you will very likely need to modify your checkout script to have it process multiple records, rather than just one.

• 2. Re: How can I mass checkout?
            Tmoe380

Hey,  Thanks for the advice.  I've included the checkbox in the "find" layout which gives me a found set of the items I want to check out.

What I need now is for the check out script to affect the entire found set.

At the moment, the button (which I copy/pasted from the details layout) only affects the first record in the list.  Is there a line of script I can add that would do this?

Thanks again.