5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2016 1:29 PM by BowdenData

Configure odbc driver for php

Alex.Kovacic

Hello, I just started working with a company that uses Filemaker Server 14 and was asked to create a web interface for it, I found the PHP API that is provided by Filemaker but as far as I can tell that wont let me query the full database but I'll need to create "views" and look for stuff there, I would much prefer just being able to query the filemaker databases like I do an SQL one, so I looked around and found out that Filemkaer supports ODBC, I downloaded the drivers and isntalled them on the MAC that is used as a server, but I haven't been able to configure them with PHP, it seems that the php version that the webserver is using has been installed by filemaker server and I've been unable to recnfugure it installing more odbc drivers.

Is there a way of configuring them without having to reinstall php?

I've already tried stuff like this without success:

putenv('ODBCSYSINI=/Libreria/FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/htdocs/include/odbcsys.ini');

putenv("ODBCINI=/Libreria/FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/htdocs/include/odbc.ini");

where those 2 files are:

odbcsys.ini

[FileMakerODBC]

Driver = /Libreria/FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/htdocs/include/Contents/MacOS/fmodbc.so

UsageCount = 1

odbc.ini:

[FMODBC]

Driver             = FileMakerODBC

Description        = test

Database           = Record del personale

Server             = 127.0.0.1

Port               = 2399

UseLongVarchar     =

AutoDetectEncoding =

WideAPI            =

UnicodeTextTypes   =

MultiByteEncoding  =

QueryLog_On        =

QueryLogTime       =

QueryLogFile       =

----

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

• 1. Re: Configure odbc driver for php
          verndemp

Hi Alex

There seems to be little interest by anyone in these discussion grouops in dealing with odbc php questions especially on a Mac

There seems to be perfectly valid technologies available but on to windows servers. I am unable to access filemaker files using odbc from PHP on anything higer than 10.6.8.  I have upgraded my web server to 10.9 but still have to use my 10.6.8 server to run my PHP odbc scripts which is frustrating. We need to find someone who is a PHP expert to build odbc into the servers PHP as was poaiable on 10.6.8.

Sorry not to ba able to help

Vern Dempster

• 2. Re: Configure odbc driver for php
            beverly

There is little PROMOTION of FM web publishing with ODBC, although it's quite viable.

You are both correct, the installed PHP is meant to be used with the FM API for PHP (or anything that can send/receive XML queries/results) and may not contain the necessary components for xDBC/SQL with PHP.

If you are not making XML queries, is it necessary to stay with that version or PHP? Not rhetorical and I don't have an answer. I don't have the bank of servers I once had to test these things, so I'm just speculating.

beverly

• 3. Re: Configure odbc driver for php
              verndemp

Hi Beverly

Still following this up. I need ODBC in PHP on Mac as the filemaker databases I need to access only allow ODBC access for me, not PHP direct. I would love to sort this out as I have to use my old webserver to do the odbc access rather than my new webserver that runs our website. Gets a bit complex haha

• 4. Re: Configure odbc driver for php
                TSPigeon

Alex.Kovacic

Thank you for your post!

I am going to move this thread from the FileMaker DevCon Space, which is specifically for DevCon discussion, to the Discussions Space where you should receive more views and potentially more advice!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Configure odbc driver for php
                  BowdenData

I don't know if either of these open source projects by Tim Dietrich would be of any use or not...

https://github.com/timdietrich/fmwebframe

https://github.com/timdietrich/fmeasyweb

Doug