1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 28, 2015 9:09 AM by TSGal

Page setup changes list view scroll bar on different window

robertnaud

Product: FM Pro advanced

Version: 14.0.2

To repeat problem:

Steps to replicate:

- window A: In a layout in list view where you have about 2 or 3 screen height of data, scroll down at the bottom of the found set

- from a record in the middle of the screen press a button calling a script

- the script creates a new window (window B), goes to related records, does a page setup and offers a print preview, closes window B to bring the user back to its original context in window A.

Expected result: The original window looks exactly like when the user left it, including the position of scroll bar and records displayed within the window.

Actual result:: When the 'page setup' script step occurs in window B, the scroll position in window A is altered. As a result, the user experience is confusing.

Workaround: none

• 1. Re: Page setup changes list view scroll bar on different window
          TSGal

robertnaud:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. In FileMaker Pro 14.0.2 under Mac OS X 10.10.5, I created a database file "File.fmp12".

2. Table 1 is named "Main", and contains the following fields:

ID (Number - Auto-enter Serial)

Name (Text)

3. Second table named "Portal" with the following fields:

ID (Number)

Phone (Text)

4. Relationship is set up so that ID matches ID.

5. In the "Main" layout, there is a portal into "Portal" showing the Phone field.

6. I've entered 20 names into "Main" and several phone numbers (63) into "Portal".

7. I've set the Main layout to display in List view.

8. I created a script "GTRR" with the following scripts steps:

Go to Related Record [ Sho only related records ; From table: "Portal" ; Using layout: "Portal" (Portal) ; New window ]

Print Setup [ Restore ; No dialog ]       (I chose Envelope #10)

Enter Preview Mode [ Pause ]

Close Window [ Current Window ]

9. In the portal, I placed a button that executes the script "GTRR".

10. In Browse, I scrolled to the bottom of the list, came up to the middle records, and clicked the button.  The new window appears with Preview, and once I click Continue, the window closes and I'm back in the Main window showing the same record, and the vertical scroll bar has not adjusted.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.