The uninstall process can be used to completely remove a FileMaker Server deployment. If you are uninstalling FileMaker Server to install it on a new machine, be sure to write down any settings that you want to save as the uninstall process deletes your settings.
If you need to uninstall a two-machine deployment, uninstall the worker machine first.
Steps to Uninstall:-
1. Start Windows.
2. Open Control Panel, then click Uninstall a program (or Programs and Features).
3. Select the FileMaker Server product (for example, FileMaker Server 14) from the list and click
4. When the Installation program starts, click Next.
5. Select Remove, then click Next and Remove.
6. If a User Account Control alert appears, click Yes.
Your database files, script files, and plug-ins are not deleted.
7. Click Finish. If you’re uninstalling FileMaker Server, click Yes to restart the machine.
If you had some more doubt, try this link & follow the instructions > FileMaker Complete Documentation
Then Get clear about this!!
In addition to the steps above:
- after FMS has been removed: rename or remove the "filemaker" folder that is in Program Files.
Thanks Suresh and Wim.
Could you confirm whether we need to uninstall all the components as well. Example:(ARR,URL Rewrite, Web farm framework etc.,)
No need to uninstall those
I am also trying to uninstall FMS but on a Mac but I can't see any application called FileMaker Server of FMS. There was an uninstall application for FMS13 in the Extras folder but it won't work for 14. Any clues?
Run the FMS14 installer again, step through the choices until you see the uninstall option.
Thank you Wim.