1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 29, 2015 8:58 AM by mikebeargie

Looking for simple call log....

lisarose66

Hello,

I am new to this so bear with me, please. I am using the contacts simple start solution and added a related DB with name date and action fields for a call log. I set up the date and action to allow repetitive entries and now I need a report that I can select the date range and print all entries from those dates and sort by date.

In lieu of someone like me who has a small clue but not enough of one to write a script, are there any existing call log templates to use in conjunction with a contacts DB?

This is kind of a deal breaker on purchasing Filemaker, for me. I have 9 more days on the trial.

Thank you very much!

Lisa Reisman

• 1. Re: Looking for simple call log....
          mikebeargie
          This is kind of a deal breaker on purchasing Filemaker, for me. I have 9 more days on the trial.

That's a sad thought. FileMaker is so incredibly powerful if you just take some time to learn to develop. What you want is probably pretty simple, and with a few hours being mentored by an experienced developer, you could probably get all you wanted in functionality for contact management.

That said, you might be better off looking in the "made for filemaker" store:

Made for FileMaker

There are a number of solutions there for contact management and one might meet your needs. AFAIK, there isn't really much "augmenting" solutions out there that are marketed to work with the starter solutions.