1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2016 8:09 AM by TSGal

Unable to disable a script step

Fred(CH)

If i accessed to an existing script from a button of a layout, using theses steps : 1. "Button setup…" floating window 2. Script Button 3. "Edit…" pop menu item, i am then able to edit the target script, like adding or removing steps etc...

However, i am unable to disable a step using the [ / ] key : this key is opening Help Menu.

If i accessed the script from Script Workspace all is fine, even if i have open the script in a separate window. This could be related to the menu set which is not changed when you are accessing the script from a layout : it is still "Layout Mode menu set" and not "Script workspace menu set".

This issue surely have more larger scope than just "Disable step" vanishing.

Configuration tested :

========================

FileMaker Pro Advanced 14.0.2

OS X 10.9.5

MacBook Pro 15"

• 1. Re: Unable to disable a script step
          Benjamin Fehr

I can replicate this issue even with current Mac OSX Pre-Release:

The shortcut [cmd slash] doesn't work and also the main menu 'edit' wouldn't show a option "deactivate".

• 3. Re: Unable to disable a script step
            Benjamin Fehr

Means: No, you're not insane!!!

This is a easy one. But sure there were some issues where I first doubted my mental health until somebody else could replicate the bug.

• 4. Re: Unable to disable a script step
              Fred(CH)

Yep. Just one more occurrence of "immature" changes in FM 14 UI.

efficientbizz a écrit:

This is a easy one.

• 5. Re: Unable to disable a script step
                TSGal

Fred(CH) and efficientbizz:

Thank you for your posts.

I am unable to replicate the issue with FileMaker Pro 14.0.2 under Mac OS X 10.10.5 and Windows 7.  I created a button, set the action to "Perform Script",  highlighted a script, clicked the gear icon and selected "Edit...", clicked on a script step, and pressed command-/ (control-/ on Windows).  The script step is then disabled.  No activation of Help.  Pressing command-/ again, and the script step becomes enabled.

Please let me know if I'm missing a step.

Could this be a French and/or German keyboard issue?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Unable to disable a script step
                  Benjamin Fehr

Greetings from Switzerland, where Fred is french and I am german speaking

Though we have issue with German AND French keyboard.

Fred is on Max OSX 10.9.5, I'm with the most current Mac Pre-Release

I can replicate this bug when

• goto Layout Mode

• double-click a button

• click on assigned Script ("goto_Einstellungen")

• select a script step and

=> press cmd & '/' (slash) =  no effect

=> goto Menu 'Edit' = you won't find the "Deactivate" option

Bildschirmfoto 2015-09-30 um 21.44.23.png

• 7. Re: Unable to disable a script step
                    Benjamin Fehr

same with Windows 10

For Windows 7 (and presumably Win 8): cmd & / seem to work, Menu 'Edit' is disabled

• 8. Re: Unable to disable a script step
                      TSGal

efficientbizz:

Thank you for your detailed steps, as it appears to be identical to my steps.

I have sent both your and Fred(CH) information to our Development and Testing departments for review.  Testing will set up their systems and keyboards to both French, German and other languages.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 9. Re: Unable to disable a script step
                        TSGal

Fred(CH) and efficientbizz:

Our Testing and Development teams are already aware of this issue under Mac OS X.  This affects German, French, Italian, Spanish and Swedish systems.  English, Dutch and Brazilian Portuguese systems work as expected.

When more information becomes available, I will post again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 10. Re: Unable to disable a script step
                          Benjamin Fehr

TSGal

Please have this forwarded to FMI Support AND Dev. Dept.:

We do a great job by analyzing bugs and reporting them here. This is THE PLACE where all those knowledge gathers together!

Therefor, it's important that also any known issues reported by phone to FMI Support OR even issues already detected by Dev. Dept. OR Testing are posted here by anybody from FMI.

I'm tired of wasting hours with analyzes and reporting to hear that FMI already knows!!!

Benjamin Fehr

EfficientBizz GmbH - Switzerland

• 11. Re: Unable to disable a script step
                            Fred(CH)

+ 1

And we also would appreciate to have access to pre-version of FileMaker with a canal to report bugs even under nda if necessary.

According to announcement of third party companies just after v14 release, it is known that some "real" FMI partner have this access but sounds like they are not enough to detect the sufficient number of issue before the release meantime.

• 12. Re: Unable to disable a script step
                              Benjamin Fehr

And we also would appreciate to have access to pre-version of FileMaker with a canal to report bugs even under nda if necessary.

Reports under NDA must be sent in via email:

forumsupport@filemaker.com

OR directly to TSGal

According to announcement of third party companies just after v14 release, it is known that some "real" FMI partner have this access but sounds like they are not enough to detect the sufficient number of issue before the release meantime.

I sent in half a dozen Bug Reports by email within the first 2 hours a got hands on FMP14 Pre-Release.

When public release arrives and NDA bann get's lifted, you should post all the Reports again in this forum to have the infos available for all developers and customers.

• 13. Re: Unable to disable a script step
                                Fred(CH)

What i meant, it that the actual policy of secret against us is IMHO a bad idea. Some have the "privilege" to access to real pre-release, not just 1.5 month before, but maybe 6 month or more (i don't know exactly) and you can see the result...

• 14. Re: Unable to disable a script step
                                  Benjamin Fehr

Fred(CH)

comparing to the amount of bugs in the final release, I believe you don't wanna join any beta-programs for any pre-pre-pre-releases

1 2 Previous Next