1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 30, 2015 5:50 PM by user19752

Snapshot files contain bad sorting parameters.

DavidRobinson

I have scripts that generate snapshot files and email them out to users so they can easily get to a specific project.

For some reason some of the snapshot files have started giving users this error when then open a snapshot file.sorting_error.png

Here's an example of a snapshot file that gives the error.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<FPSL><UIState><UniversalPathList>fmnet:filemaker.srv/projects.fmp12</UniversalPathList><Rows type="nativeIDList" rowCount="1" baseTableId="133"><![CDATA[18902

]]></Rows><Layout id="13"></Layout><View type="form"></View><SelectedRow type="nativeID" id="18902"></SelectedRow><StatusToolbar visible="True"></StatusToolbar><Mode value="browseMode"></Mode><SortList Maintain="True" value="False"><Sort type="Ascending"><PrimaryField><Field tableId="0" table="" id="0" name=""></Field></PrimaryField></Sort></SortList></UIState></FPSL>

It has a <Sort> attribute that is causing the error.

Example of a snapshot that doesn't cause the error.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<FPSL><UIState><UniversalPathList>fmnet:/filemaker.srv/projects.fmp12</UniversalPathList><Rows type="nativeIDList" rowCount="1" baseTableId="133"><![CDATA[19898

]]></Rows><Layout id="13"></Layout><View type="form"></View><SelectedRow type="nativeID" id="19898"></SelectedRow><StatusToolbar visible="True"></StatusToolbar><Mode value="browseMode"></Mode><SortList Maintain="True" value="False"></SortList></UIState></FPSL>

I've tried adding a "Unsort Records"  to the scripts but snapshots are still getting the <Sort> attribute. I'm not sure what the users are doing to create these broken snapshot files.

Using Filemaker Pro 12 clients with Filemaker Server 12.