AnsweredAssumed Answered

Relationships gone awry

Question asked by Gerrly on Oct 1, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 2, 2015 by Gerrly

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I'm going to try my best to explain the situation, but I'll be happy to elaborate or add more screenshots.

Okay, so I have a genetics database.  This particular table, Phenotype Correlation, should be matched on Patient ID and HGNC ID (HGNC is gene symbol).  Each record in the table should display only one Patient ID and the portal window should list all HGNC IDs (genes) matching that Patient ID.  Instead, what is happening, is that the data gets loaded and however many genes are linked to that patient ID is how many records are created and nothing populates in the portal.  For example, patient 0097 data was loaded and 454 records were created.  What I wanted was 1 record to be created with 454 genes displayed in the portal.  Make sense?

So take a look at the relationships.  I have it so that new records can be created and deleted in the phenotype correlation table if new records are created/deleted in the Patients or Genes 2 tables.  The portal on the phen corr table is displaying records from Genes 2.

Now, it does work if I change the phenotype correlation table to display records from Patients table, but this is not what we want.  Only a small cohort from patients will be needed in the phen corr table, so separate data will be loaded.

Thanks if you made it this far.  Any suggestions are welcomed.Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 3.26.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-01 at 3.26.39 PM.png

Outcomes