1 2 3 Previous Next 34 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2017 7:11 AM by TSGal

FileMaker Go Value Lists Issue

databuzz

Using FileMaker Go 14.0.3 on iOS 9.0.2, if you have a field on a layout that uses either a Pop-up menu or Drop-down list with a longer list that can fit on the screen (i.e. requires scrolling up/down to get the the top/bottom of the list) there's an issue with attempting to select the last item on the list.

I have a Pop-up menu with the "allow entry of other values selected" and we're unable to select the "Other" option at the bottom of the list as it remains off the screen. If you look at the 2 screenshots the first one shows the Pop-up menu when you scroll to the bottom of the list and you can see the "Other..." option. However when you stop scrolling and let go it reverts to the 2nd screenshot which shows the 2nd last menu item and doesn't show the "Other..." option.

There's a similar issue if you use a Drop-down list - you won't see the last item in the list if the list is large enough to require scrolling.

This wasn't an issue with FileMaker Go 14.0.2 as far as we can recall.

• 1. Re: FileMaker Go Value Lists Issue
          TSPigeon

databuzz:

Thank you for your post.

Testing and Development is currently aware of this issue with FileMaker Go 14.0.3 on iOS 9. I am adding this post to the report. When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

A possible Work Around for the Drop-down list issue is to add a “ “ or empty value below the last item in the Value list.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Go Value Lists Issue
            TSPigeon

databuzz:

Can you confirm whether this is happening on both iPad and iPhone for you or just iPads? I look forward to your response!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: FileMaker Go Value Lists Issue
              databuzz

Hi TSPigeon,

We're only using iPads for this solution so that's the only device we test on. However I just opened the file on my iPhone and I was able to access the bottom of the lists successfully so looks like it's iPad specific at this stage.

Andrew

• 4. Re: FileMaker Go Value Lists Issue
                AppGuy

We are having the same issue... Any ETA on getting a fix out?

• 5. Re: FileMaker Go Value Lists Issue
                  AppGuy

TSPigeon-

Any Idea when a fix will be released for this?  This is really hurting us!

• 6. Re: FileMaker Go Value Lists Issue
                    TSPigeon

@all:

Thank you for your responses.

Testing and development is aware of this issue. When I receive any feedback, I will add it to this thread.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: FileMaker Go Value Lists Issue
                      padaddy

I am seeing the exact same issue.  Looking forward to an update soon, as obviously this is a huge problem for those of us with solutions in production.  Having a blank item at the end of a value list may be the best temporary fix, but it isn't a good one or always viable.

• 8. Re: FileMaker Go Value Lists Issue
                        ZheWiz

Add me to the list.  Existing solution is broken...most drop down lists are generated from data, so I am being forced to add "junk" data to allow selection of real data.  Bit of a pain right now!

Translation:  Hurry please!!  :-)

• 9. Re: FileMaker Go Value Lists Issue
                          TSGal

padaddy and ZheWiz:

Thank you for your posts.

I have added your comments to the original report.  When more information becomes available, I will post again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 10. Re: FileMaker Go Value Lists Issue
                            padaddy

12 days and still waiting for a solution.  I am a mobile application development manager within a large corporation.  I went out on a limb a few years ago and recommended FM as a mobile app environment.  My peers scorned me saying that FM was "not in the right league" with a corporate environment.  Perhaps this type of problem seems small to some, but this is a huge problem, affecting well over 700 people who rely on our mobile solutions for their every day business.  I have liked working with FileMaker because it does offer a pretty decent mobile design platform that enables us to design quickly.  But things like this simply destroy FM's credibility as a viable solution, not to mention my professional credibility.  When the next project comes along and I look to recommend FM as the solution, everyone will roll their eyes and say- "right- remember the last update FM had, when no one could use their drop-down lists and you had to scramble to rewrite 4 apps, and revert our MDM update for hundreds of people?"  And I'm afraid I'll have to agree with them.  I simply don't have these issues with other dev tools.  I'm not trying to be negative, REALLY- I am your biggest cheerleader here, but things like this lead me to wonder if FM is really serious about the mobile world.  If you are, you need to be better prepared for iOS updates, and completely ready out of the gate with your updates.  If you want in at the corporate level, you need to up your game.  We don't have time to spend on things like this.

• 11. Re: FileMaker Go Value Lists Issue
                              AppGuy

I agree padaddy!  We have over 400 iPads running FM Go..  This is a huge issue..

• 12. Re: FileMaker Go Value Lists Issue
                                cmaning

I concur with padaddy.  We have 900 FM Go users.  This is very harmful to our users and could be a deal breaker for continue use.

• 13. Re: FileMaker Go Value Lists Issue
                                  AppGuy

Anything on when a fix will be released???  I can't explain in words how bad this is hurting us right now!!  Our guys can't type in safety items and this is a huge liability for us as a company.  Please please please fix this ASAP!

• 14. Re: FileMaker Go Value Lists Issue
                                    TSGal

Jason Larson:

At this time, there is no information about when this will be addressed.

Until this is resolved, use the workaround of adding a space or separator to the end of the value list.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

1 2 3 Previous Next