1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 23, 2015 2:14 PM by TSGal

Why is there such a hesitation when tabbing between fields in FM Go 14?

ronnieedm

We have developed a database in FM Pro 14 that requires data input into a portal with about 5 numeric fields of data.  On the computer there is no hesitation what so ever when tabbing between fields.  On an iPad Mini 3 and using the same layout, there is a noticeable hesitation when tabbing between the data fields.  It must be a FM Go issue because I created a very simple database to test the tabbing speed between fields and even though it is not quite as slow, you can still see some hesitation.  On our main database there are  many fields so that's why I created a simple on to test that tab speed and in the test database I didn't use any portal but still some hesitation.

I was just wondering if there any other device settings that may speed up the process.  I even tried airplane mode on iPad mini 3 and same hesitation.

• 1. Re: Why is there such a hesitation when tabbing between fields in FM Go 14?
          TSGal

ronnieedm:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

There are several factors that can affect data input like auto-enter options and script triggers.  Also keep in mind that iOS devices have a slower processor than a Mac/Windows computer.  The best way to speed up the Number fields in the portal is to make sure there are no script triggers associated with those fields, nor auto-enter information.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.