4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2015 8:20 AM by aetherington

FMGO 14 script triggers

aetherington

Good afternoon all.

I recently upgraded from FM11 to FM14 (Thanks to this communities help!)  and have been running stable a good while.  I have been asked to make one of our databases for logging calls available to the FMGo app.  So far its been smooth but it appears that none of my script triggers are being activated.

After an hour of googling I cant actually find any information at all on weather FMgo even supports script triggers, or if they do if they need and special treatment,

any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-Ash

• 1. Re: FMGO 14 script triggers
          Mike_Mitchell

Hello, Ash.

Yes, Script Triggers are definitely supported on Go. So we have to look more specifically. The first place to look would be platform compatibility. Have you checked to make sure your triggered scripts are not using any script steps that are not Go-compatible?

Beyond that, we'll need some more detail. What are your triggered scripts doing or attempting to do?

Mike

• 2. Re: FMGO 14 script triggers
            aetherington

Hi Mike.

I forgot to check individual functions. 

It appears I am using Import records, using XML generated from our website, Which I think is not supported.   Is there any way to tell a script to run on the server side only?

That would solve a few problems

• 3. Re: FMGO 14 script triggers
              Mike_Mitchell

aetherington wrote:

Hi Mike.

I forgot to check individual functions.

It appears I am using Import records, using XML generated from our website, Which I think is not supported.   Is there any way to tell a script to run on the server side only?

That would solve a few problems

Yes, absolutely. The Perform Script On Server script step is tailor-made for just such an application. I'm assuming this XML is a file accessible on a directory someplace, as opposed to a web service you're consuming?

• 4. Re: FMGO 14 script triggers
                aetherington

The XML is generated by a PHP File that's hosted on the FM Web service,   I checked compatibility and it did not seem to give me an error, you think there might be some issues?