0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2015 7:29 AM by disabled_plachym

Standby server - connection has failed

Hi all.

I have a serious issue with standby server - I am not able to connect to it from primary machine. I really appreciate any help or advice how to figure it out. So there is what has been happening...

Machine 1

- FMS14 installed, full version (14.0.2.226)

- Windows Server 2012

- dedicated as primary machine

- SSL certificate (godaddy) installed

- it has a host name “pm03a.uc-ns.com”

- checked by test (from FM Pro) that connection to databases is secured (green lock appears)

Machine 2

- the same specification

- SSL certificate (godaddy) installed

- it has a host name “pm03b.uc-ns.com”

Checked by test that both machines can communicate over the network by using their host names "pm03a.uc-ns.com" and "pm03b.uc-ns.com".

Host name filled in FileMaker server is the same ("pm03a.uc-ns.com" and "pm03b.uc-ns.com").

Firewall of all machines has been switched off. There is no ports limitations, it's an internal network.

Issue

- generate setup code for standby server on primary machine by using "fmsadmin standby connect pm03b.uc-ns.com"

- the result is "The remote server [pm03b.uc-ns.com] cannot be reached. Error: 1631 (Remote server connection failed)"

Depends on that I've tried connection directly to IP address of standby server

- generate setup code for standby server on primary machine by using "fmsadmin standby connect 10.136.189.24"

- the result is that the certificate cannot be verified (because I'm not using host name pm03b.uc-ns.com that the certificate has been created for) but nevermind , I can go ahead

- setup code has been generated and accepted by standby server

- I'd like to continue on primary machine by hitting the enter key

- error message appears: "Initiating standby server connect. Standby connect command failed. (1631). Error: 1631 (Remote server connection failed)"

Any suggestions what to do?

Thanks,

Michal