AnsweredAssumed Answered

PHP OBDC configuration

Question asked by Alex.Kovacic on Oct 5, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 12, 2016 by Mike_Mitchell

Hello, I just started working with a company that uses Filemaker Server 14 and was asked to create a web interface for it, I found the PHP API that is provided by Filemaker but as far as I can tell that wont let me query the full database but I'll need to create "views" and look for stuff there, I would much prefer just being able to query the filemaker databases like I do an SQL one, so I looked around and found out that Filemkaer supports ODBC, I downloaded the drivers and isntalled them on the MAC that is used as a server, but I haven't been able to configure them with PHP, it seems that the php version that the webserver is using has been installed by filemaker server and I've been unable to recnfugure it installing more odbc drivers.

Is there a way of configuring them without having to reinstall php?

I've already tried stuff like this without success:

putenv('ODBCSYSINI=/Libreria/FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/htdocs/include/odbcsys.ini');

putenv("ODBCINI=/Libreria/FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/htdocs/include/odbc.ini");

where those 2 files are:

odbcsys.ini

[FileMakerODBC]

Driver = /Libreria/FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/htdocs/include/Contents/MacOS/fmodbc.so

UsageCount = 1

odbc.ini:

[FMODBC]

Driver             = FileMakerODBC

Description        = test

Database           = Record del personale

Server             = 127.0.0.1

Port               = 2399

UseLongVarchar     =

AutoDetectEncoding =

WideAPI            =

UnicodeTextTypes   =