3 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2016 10:28 AM by TSGal

GetLayoutObjectAttribute causing crash

ehall

I have been having trouble with a particular layout crashing frequently when I exited Layout mode. After some testing, I believe the crashes are caused by a GetLayoutObjectAttribute function on the layout. A demo file is attached to this post.

I have a text object on my layout that uses GetLayoutObjectAttribute in a conditional formatting calculation to change its font size based on its width.

When exiting Layout mode on this layout, FileMaker crashes if the window is scrolled at all down or to the right.

I tested these parameters and got a crash in every case, regardless of which sides of the object were anchored or which direction I scrolled in layout mode.

GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "wide text" ; "Width" )

GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "wide text" ; "Bounds" )

GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "wide text" ; "Left" )

GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "wide text" ; "Height" )

I also tested with GetLayoutObjectAttribute in an unstored calculation field instead of a conditional formatting calculation. Putting this field on the layout also caused FileMaker to crash.

I'm running FileMaker Pro Advanced 14.0.2 on OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite). I have not tested on any other platforms.