Off the top of my head:
• create a Newsletter table
• create a value list using fields from Newsletter: 1. the newsletter primary key, 2. a unique, human-readable name/description
• create a global field newsletterID in the Contacts table
• create a relationship using that field:
Contacts::gNewsletterID = Newsletter::id
• create layouts based on Contacts: one for label printing with fields from contacts, one for newsletter printing, using fields from contacts and related field(s) from Newsletter
• find Contacts based on their interest(s)
• use the Contacts::gNewsletterID field (formatted as a popup) to select a Newsletter record
Now you have a list of contacts and a reference to a newsletter, and can use either layout to print labels or the actual newsletter incl. merge fields.
If you want to keep track of who received which newsletter, create a new table with id_contact and id_newsletter; copy all selected contacts into that table (i.e. create new records with their IDs) and give them all the selected newsletterID and the current date.
Well, as I said, OTTOMH; but that should get you going.
Thanks! Helps me a lot for now!
I hope to have time to continue at this the coming week, Im sure Ill come up with more questions by then.
Thanks for your view on this!