1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 1, 2016 8:00 AM by wacole1213

Webviewer and Google MyMaps

wacole1213

Am working in FM Pro 13 Advanced on Windows 7, version 13.0v5.   A number of months ago when Google switched from Google Map Engine to Google My Maps, I updated a webviewer in one of my applications to work with Google My Maps.  The configuration was relatively straightforward; I had a field which contained the URL for the map in question [in Google My Maps choose Share and copy the URL shown].  In the webviewer I configured with a Custom Web Address pointing to the field with the URL.  This worked fine.  I got busy with other things and then about several weeks ago noticed that the webviewer was no longer displaying the Google My Map that my URL was pointing to.

I went back to Google My Maps, went to the Share field for the map in question, copied the URL [which was a little different from the earlier one] and pasted it into by field which is used by the Web Viewer.  Didn't work.

Would appreciate any clues as to what might be going on.  Assuming that Google changed something, but I haven't a clue what that may have been.

Thanks very much,

Bill Cole

• 1. Re: Webviewer and Google MyMaps
          wacole1213

I guess if you wait long enough, these things fix themselves.  After not working since last October, yesterday when I went to the part of the application that uses MyMaps, it was working again.  I swear that I have done nothing to cause the fix.  This seems to have been coincident with the seemingly auto-correction of another non-functioning Google Map that I use with the FM webviewer which mysteriously stopped working when I switched from Win 7 to Win 10 about 3 weeks ago and then, a few days ago started working again, albeit with a somewhat lesser level of functionality.  Again, I did nothing to cause that.  The whole time I've been running FM 13 Advanced.  I did, however, have to move FM, on advice from FM tech support, from a Win 10 Home machine to a Win 10 Pro machine.  Maybe that is the difference.