12 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2015 11:39 PM by user19752

Using Google Maps to get Directions

skashanchi

I know this issue has been discussed many times, but I can't seem to be able to find an easy solution to this. I have seen code that seems to indicate that this should be an easy thing to do, but perhaps things have changed in Google and FMP. And most of teh code seems to be for much more complicated scenarios such as multiple waypoints, etc.

I am simply trying to send a pickup and a drop off address to Google Maps and get directions back along with milage. There are 2 reasons for this:

1. As the reservationists enters the addresses, we would like to see it plotted so as to verify that they are indeed correct addresses.

2. We need to see the milage to calculate the estimated fare for the trip.

Is this something simple to do? I am not very familiar with the Google API, but again some of the code I have seen seems to indicate that this is not an absolute necessity. It seems that the trick is just in creating the address string so that the google maps URL will understand that I am sending it a start and finish destinitation.

Thanks.