3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2015 8:50 PM by isamudysan

calculation help

isamudysan

my goal is to calculate the total amount of units processed, the total amount of units passed, the total amount of units failed, and finally the accuracy rate (of a tech) by tech initial and date.  i have a main table that collects all the data entry.  i have a layout from within that table called Summary.  in this layout, i have:

1. Header
      2. Sub-Summary sorted by the Tech's initial
      3. Sub-Summary sorted by Date -- in this part/section i also have following merge fields: total amount of units processed, the total amount of units passed, the total amount of units failed, and finally the accuracy rate. looks something like this:

<<Date><<total units processed>><<total units pass>><<total units failed>><<accurracy>>

4.  Footer

in my main layout, i have a field for the auditors to enter the initial of the tech who have processed a unit, and, if a unit passes the QC process then it's given a 'P' for pass and an 'F' for fail.

i was trying to do a lookup function with the count function; but, alas, no bueno. so, i'm stuck at the moment.  appreciate all your help. thanks.

isamudysan

• 1. Re: calculation help
          erolst

isamudysan wrote:

Sub-Summary sorted by Date -- in this part/section i also have following merge fields: total amount of units processed, the total amount of units passed, the total amount of units failed, and finally the accuracy rate.

Are these actually summary fields, or calculation fields based on summary fields? If not, then I suggest you look into the documentation to see how summary fields work, since …

isamudysan wrote:

i was trying to do a lookup function with the count function

You cannot use aggregate functions against a found set; that's what summary fields are there for.

isamudysan wrote:

alas, no bueno.

A real problem description would be far more helpful.

• 2. Re: calculation help
            isamudysan

thank you for the quick reply, erolst.  to answer your first question, these fields are calculation fields only (and not based on summary fields); and, yeah, i will look into summary fields.  secondly, i was hoping that aggregate functions can be used in a found set. definitely wrong on my part there.

i quickly glanced at summary fields once before, however, didn't delve much into it, tho.  will look at it more deeper and see how it goes with what i'm trying to do.

• 3. Re: calculation help
              isamudysan

seems after thinking long and hard, and remembering what erolst have stated above, i have finally found the solution to this problem. again, thx erolst