isamudysan

calculation help

Discussion created by isamudysan on Oct 6, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 13, 2015 by isamudysan

my goal is to calculate the total amount of units processed, the total amount of units passed, the total amount of units failed, and finally the accuracy rate (of a tech) by tech initial and date.  i have a main table that collects all the data entry.  i have a layout from within that table called Summary.  in this layout, i have:

1. Header
  2. Sub-Summary sorted by the Tech's initial
  3. Sub-Summary sorted by Date -- in this part/section i also have following merge fields: total amount of units processed, the total amount of units passed, the total amount of units failed, and finally the accuracy rate. looks something like this:

<<Date><<total units processed>><<total units pass>><<total units failed>><<accurracy>>

4.  Footer

in my main layout, i have a field for the auditors to enter the initial of the tech who have processed a unit, and, if a unit passes the QC process then it's given a 'P' for pass and an 'F' for fail.

i was trying to do a lookup function with the count function; but, alas, no bueno. so, i'm stuck at the moment.  appreciate all your help. thanks.

isamudysan

Outcomes